Can we apply for less than £25,000 or more than £150,000?
- No. We believe there is a gap in this range of funding available to community organisations. The PICNIC Fund will not accept applications outside this range.
What can I use the investment for?
- The loan funding will be used to help organisations develop new projects, operations and revenue streams. Whilst every organisation’s needs will differ, we expect the funding to be used for projects and activities such as:
- Working capital
- Equipment to support revenue streams
- Recruitment, training and deployment of staff and volunteers
- Equipment to support business functions, including finance, project management and governance
- Other operating costs
Can you fund maintenance of our facilities?
- No. We cannot fund the “bricks and mortar” of a capital redevelopment such as a new roof, but we would consider investment to support a community café (new revenue stream). This could include café kit and equipment, training deployment of new staff and volunteers, management support to get the café operating and funding towards marketing the new venture.
Do I have to have all the other funding that a project must have in place before applying to the PICNIC Fund?
- If your project involves capital investment, you can apply for funding before all of this is in place but you should be working towards this being completed. Having all, or most, of your capital funding in place make your project close to being ready for investment and therefore give it a greater chance of success.
Can we get grant funding for our project?
- Yes, in part. Up to 20% of an investment from PICNIC can be in grant form so long as it enhances or accelerates the expected outcome. The grant would sit alongside a simple, repayable loan. We believe a loan provides funding and an incentive for organisations to be financially sustainable. However, if you need support to become ready for investment – i.e. you need help to develop your organisation’s capability and capacity to be in a position to take on a loan from us – there may be grant funding available from the Access Reach fund, which we can refer you to. See our website for further information.